GCC media policy vital, says Bahrain
Manama, December 8, 2012
Bahrain is calling on the GCC to co-ordinate a unified media policy and has urged member states to promote better relations with international human rights organisations.
A memorandum to this effect will be debated as GCC parliaments, Shura councils and national assemblies meet today at the Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea and Spa, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
The two-day session will also discuss a UAE proposal to set up a GCC parliamentary information network. A proposal to set up a GCC Parliament will also come under the spotlight. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Saudi woman creates history by climbing Everest