OSN deploys Dolby sound technology
Dubai, December 5, 2012
OSN, a leading pay-TV network in the Mena region, said it has inked a deal with Dolby, a global leader in surround-sound technologies, to deploy the Digital Plus technology on its video-on-demand platform, OSN Plus HD.
OSN said with this deal, it has become the first in the region to use use Dolby Digital Plus in the Middle East and Africa region.
Dolby technologies cover the whole hybrid TV delivery ecosystem: from content creation, being part of traditional and hybrid broadcasting standards, to the latest video on demand and over the top movie services.
The ground-breaking partnership between OSN and Dolby offers viewers high quality Dolby Digital Plus surround sound on VoD content, to give a cinematic experience in the comfort of their home, said a senior official.
“Since our office launch a year ago, we have been working closely with operators, broadcasters, content creators and aggregators across the region to bring Dolby Digital Plus and the sound of HD to viewers,” remarked Tarif Sayed, the regional director, Dolby, Middle East & Africa.
“We are pleased to see broadcasters such as OSN in the Middle East adopting the latest audio technologies that offer a superior entertainment experience to viewers. As our leading partner in the region OSN is now delivering its new pan-Arab service in Dolby Digital Plus for customers to enjoy movies and TV shows presented in surround sound just as the artists and directors intended," he added.
Mark Billinge, the vice president of Broadcast Operations and Technology at OSN said the launch of OSN Plus HD builds on the success of its existing DVR platform and demonstrates the company's technology capabilities, innovation and ability to provide the ultimate TV viewing experience in the region.
"Dolby is the leader in inventing and delivering innovative audio solutions, which makes its technology a perfect complement to the state-of-the-art high-definition experience we offer to our viewers,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE