Batelco sponsors top sports event in Bahrain
Manama, December 4, 2012
Batelco, a leading telecom operator in Bahrain, recently sponsored the International Festival of Sports for All, organised by the International Sport for All Federation.
The major sporting event, under the patronage of Shaikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, was held at Khalifa Sports City and Bahrain International Circuit among a few other locations.
The International Festival of Sports for All featured a wide variety of sports including football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and 3km walks. Participants from over 25 countries took part in the major event.
Batelco Group chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa presented the sponsorship cheque to president of the International Sport for All Federation Isa Abdulrahim, during a recent meeting held at Batelco headquarters in Hamala.
“By providing such opportunities to participate and compete, we give our talented young Bahraini’s the chance to develop their sporting skills by competing against international sports men and women,” Shaikh Mohamed said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE