MBC to set up hitech studios in Mena
Dubai, December 3, 2012
Dubai Studio City said it has reached a agreement with leading media group MBC to set up hitech studios equipped with the latest in advanced digital camera technologies and 2-D and 3-D imaging in the Mena region.
The studios, to be located at Dubai Studio City, will serve the entire region, as part of a longstanding partnership at the forefront of providing unique and enriching creative and cultural experiences, said a senior official.
"We are very confident that our long-standing partnership with a distinguished entity such as MBC Group, known for its remarkable success in the fields of content creation and production, is always one step ahead in the right direction of enhancing television production and techniques in the region," remarked Dr Amina Al Rustamani, the CEO of Tecom Business Parks.
"Through the new state-of-the-art studios, MBC Group will further enrich its journey towards premium content production in Drama and Television, thus reinforcing Dubai’s position on the global 'Media, Entertainment and Content' map," she added.
The new studio runs on an area of 15,000 sq ft and will be equipped with the latest in advanced digital camera technologies, LED lighting, motion tracking, real-time compositing, 2-D and 3-D imaging… and virtual sets.
The work on two additional studios being built on an area of 25,000 sq ft, will be completed by the end of next year. The studios will also encompass vast areas for storage, warehouses and offices, aiming to encourage new starters and established companies to re-locate their businesses to Dubai Studio City, further enhancing and developing the media infrastructure in the region.
MBC Group chief executive officer Sam Barnett described it as one of the major ‘milestones’ in the company’s history throughout its 21 years of success.
MBC Group, the first private free-to-air satellite broadcasting company in the Arab World, was launched in London in 1991 and later moved to its headquarters in Dubai in 2002.
Over the past 21 years, MBC Group has grown to become a well-established media group that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment.
"Today, this partnership takes MBC Group and O3 Productions’ capabilities and desired outcomes to new heights. The new studios and cutting-edge technology that Dubai Studio City has provided us with in the field of TV and Film content production will further enrich the region with the most creative content and pioneering technology," noted Barnett.
MBC Group had recently established a groundbreaking partnership with Stargate Studios, the global award-winning production company specializing in virtual production and visual effects.
The partnership entails the opening of Stargate Middle East which will consist of two full-service virtual production studios located in Dubai, UAE and Cairo, Egypt and equipped with the latest advanced digital camera technologies.
Fadi Ismail, the general manager of O3 Productions said, “Our collaboration with Dubai Studio City has provided us with a unique opportunity to further succeed in the content industry with the availability of leading-edge studios and technology."
"Moreover, our team of highly skilled professionals and our recent partnership with Stargate, the pioneers in virtual production and visual effects; will both add to our success factors and raise the standards of our production outcomes, he stated.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat