Kim Kardashian with a fan at the opening ceremony
Kim Kardashian woos Bahrain fans
Manama, December 2, 2012
Reality television superstar Kim Kardashian took Bahrain by storm yesterday as hundreds of screaming fans waited hours to meet her.
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star visited the country for the first time to officially open the new Millions of Milkshakes franchise at The Walk Bahrain, in association with Sevens Holding SPC, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
She arrived in Bahrain after visiting Kuwait for a similar launch party and was taken on a sightseeing tour across the country.
"Marhaba Bahrain" were the first words uttered by the American socialite moments after greeting her fans, opening the outlet and preparing her signature milkshake.
Kardashian, who was escorted by security personnel and policemen, then took to the stage, where she praised Bahrain.
"It is my first visit to the country and I heard it was beautiful, but what I saw was beyond that," she said.
"I was on the phone with my sisters and family telling them how beautiful it is and I would like to thank Millions of Milkshakes and Sevens Holding for bringing me here. The country has lovely beaches and desert.
"We went to the desert and had lunch, besides seeing camels and falcons and the beach view was amazing from the hotel. I love the girls here; their makeup and hair are beautiful. People from the States should come here because the people and the country are so amazing and welcoming that I am planning to be back here during my vacation."
The fashionista's appearance created an electric atmosphere at The Walk with some fans waiting hours to meet their idol.
"We have come here because Kim is an inspiration and we learn a lot from her show," said 18-year-old Danya Al Taweel, who was at the event with her twin sister Deena.
"The advice that she gives of following our hearts is something we have taken seriously in our lives and our advice to her is always keep following your heart."
Kardashian's visit comes days after a Twitter controversy, where she posted tweets regarding the Israel-Palestine conflict. She later deleted her comments and said she would "set the record straight" during her visit.
Kardashian later left Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps