UAE studio, Nikon plan photography workshop
Dubai, December 1, 2012
Light House Studio, a leading Dubai-based studio, has joined hands with Nikon, to organise a five-day workshop for photography fans and aficionados to teach them world class skills and techniques in wedding and beauty photography.
The UAE’s award winning studio is bringing the noted wedding photographer and Nikon Brand Ambassador Brett Florens to lead the workshops giving participants hands on experience with real models, teaching them step by step how to create the perfect picture; from choosing the correct lighting right through to the final touches in editing the image.
Taking place on December 4 and 5 at the studio and various outdoor locations, the first two-day intensive workshop - Lighting Photography for Fashion and Glamour - will give participants the opportunity to learn the art of creating the perfect lighting environment for a fashion shoot.
The workshop will include models setup for fashion and glamour photoshoots, exposing participants to all types of lighting from ambient lighting to artificial, said a company statement.
The second workshop running from December 6 to 8 will see Brett at his best, doing what he loves the most – shooting the perfect newlyweds, it added.
The 3-day intensive Wedding Photography workshop will cover understanding of a wedding photo shoot, from planning stages right through to delivery of the final image. Participants will be given training on client management, perfect wedding day settings and photo selections.
With the assistance of real life bride and groom models the training will cover choosing the correct lighting angles and a how to guide on creating ever lasting memories through compiling a wedding album. Each workshop concludes with a comprehensive session of post-production.
Commenting on the workshop, Mohamed Kashif Joosub, the founder and head photographer, Light House Studio said: “It is an honour to be working with Brett to give photography fans from all over the world the opportunity to learn first-hand from industry experts the key to becoming a successful photographer."
“We have designed these courses to include real life experiences with stylists, models and makeup artists to share their expertise and provide insight on managing expectations of what a photo shoot entails. Participants will take away with them the do’s and don’ts of photography, industry secrets and the ability to successfully use studio lighting techniques to create the perfect image,” he added.
On the final day of the workshops, Brett will conduct a Nikon Night to celebrate the release of the latest Nikon DSLR cameras giving participant the chance to test and try the models and be in the chance to win some Nikon goodies, said the statement.
The Lighting workshop costs Dh2000 ($544.3) and the Wedding Photography costs Dh3000, To be part of the Nikon Night, taking place on the December 7 at Knowledge Village, entrants will have to pay a Dh30 entry fee, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing