Idex to feature zone for unmanned systems
Abu Dhabi, November 27, 2012
The International Defence Exhibition and Conference (Idex) in Abu Dhabi will introduce a dedicated zone for unmanned systems at the show’s next edition in February, 2013.
Dedicated to the technology and equipment of unmanned vehicle systems, the area will feature a one-day technology workshop, a purpose-built exhibition hall and a static and live demonstration area.
Abu Dhabi Autonomous Systems Investments (ADASI), a Tawazun Holding subsidiary and the first UAE-based company to ever offer a comprehensive range of services to cover all types of autonomous systems, is the principal sponsor for the area.
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI), the world's largest non-profit organisation devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community, will help support the technology workshop.
“We work to ensure every edition of Idex keeps pace with the forefront of industry innovation and market requirements,” said Saleh Al Marzooqi, Idex director.
“Unmanned systems represent the very leading-edge of defence technology, reinforcing strong security infrastructures and keeping troops out of harm’s way. The Unmanned Systems Area fits naturally with Idex’s history of innovation and market leadership.”
“The autonomous and special mission systems in the market today demonstrate how innovative systems design and technological integration can help further enhance national security, and help nations conduct high level surveillance, security and exploration missions, including Search and Rescue,” said Ali Al Yafei, CEO of ADASI.
“We are pleased to offer our support for the Unmanned Systems Area at Idex which we feel represents a key burgeoning area of the defence industry.”
Organised by the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company in coordination with the UAE Armed Forces GHQ and headline sponsor Tawazun, Idex will take place at Abu Dhabi’s National Exhibition Centre from February 17 to 21, 2013. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released