Tickets go on sale for Kim Kardashian event
Manama, November 27, 2012
Tickets went on sale in Bahrain yesterday for a launch ceremony of the new Millions of Milkshakes franchise by US reality television superstar Kim Kardashian on Saturday.
The opening will take place at The Walk Bahrain, in association with Sevens Holding, a major diversified group.
Fans will get the chance to meet the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star on her first visit to the kingdom as she creates her signature milkshake, according to a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Organisers have also launched an SMS challenge. The winner will get a one-on-one time with the fashionista during her first visit to the kingdom.
Kardashian will fly in for the one-day visit after attending a similar launch party in Kuwait.
"I am so excited to be working with Millions of Milkshakes and Sevens Holding and I just cannot wait to introduce my very own signature shake to my fans in Bahrain," she said.
"I've heard so many great things about the kingdom and its famous hospitality. I'm thrilled to be meeting my fans in Bahrain." She also posted a video online addressing her fans in Bahrain.
"We are receiving a great response for the SMS contest," said Mobile Information Services managing director Omran Khayami.
"The winner's name will be announced on Friday and will be randomly selected under the supervision of a special committee."
Sevens Holding chief executive Amal Al Murbati was confident the venture would be a success in Bahrain.
According to online reports, one of the organisers of the trip, Paresh Shah, said Kardashian was expected to meet local leaders in Bahrain, including "royalty and top entrepreneurs".
It came days after a Twitter controversy, where Kardashian posted tweets regarding the Israel-Palestine conflict.
She later deleted her comments and said she would "set the record straight" during her visits to the GCC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat