Batelco unit distributes water to pilgrims
Manama, November 24, 2012
The Hearts & Minds Committee of Batelco, the leading telecom operator in Bahrain, recently took the initiative to distribute bottled water to pilgrims on King Fahad Causeway on their way to Makkah.
The committee members, who work in various fields and departments within Batelco, volunteer their free time to participate in a variety of charitable and philanthropic initiatives. The committee members share one common goal, which is serving the community by reaching out to those in need.
The pilgrims were surprised and delighted when they saw Batelco cars with volunteers distributing Batelco water to them and wishing them a safe and pleasant journey.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that the initiative was very much appreciated by the pilgrims.
“A special thank you goes to Ministry of Interior for their remarkable support in making this event very successful,” Al Janahi added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Saudi woman creates history by climbing Everest
- Top Doha museum showcases Qatar heritage
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- DAO launches first Arabic Unity 3D game
- Bahrain kids join 'Art of C’ project
- Nawras to help Omani boys meet Messi
- Dubai Film and TV to make Cannes debut
- New president for AmCham Bahrain
- PDO, Omantel to aid scholarship scheme