Stamps to commemorate Bahrain amphitheatre
Manama, November 19, 2012
Bahrain Post has issued commemorative stamps to celebrate the recent opening of the 1,001-seat Bahrain National Theatre, the third biggest amphitheatre in the Arab world after Cairo Opera House and Al Sultania Opera in Oman.
The stamps are crowned with the portrait of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain.
This new national symbolic structure will serve in establishing the Kingdom as a cultural hub for events, and further supports the selection of Manama as the Capital of Arab Culture for 2012, said a statement from Bahrain Post, part of the Ministry of Transportation.
The Manama Capital of Arab Culture stamps are available as a first day cover at 500 fils and come in a 250 fils denomination, and are available in all Bahrain Post braches.
These new commemorative stamps join another set of stamps issued last month marking the announcement of Manama as the Capital of Arab Culture 2012 and on the occasion of World Habitat Day, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra