Nawras shortlisted for top media award
Muscat, November 18, 2012
Nawras, Oman’s leading telecom provider, has been shortlisted in Ragan’s PR Daily Digital PR and Social Media Awards 2012 in the ‘Best Use of Facebook’ category.
From hundreds of entries, the Nawras 7x7 Facebook competition impressed the judges with its innovation, ability to engage with customers and the lasting impact of the promotion, a statement said.
The Ragan Awards are a prestigious public relations industry celebration of innovative communications. For more than 40 years, Ragan has been reporting on marketing and media relations, with nearly 800,000 readers worldwide.
January’s final awards ceremony in New York will see Nawras lined up alongside such leading companies as Nintendo, Nikon, Chevrolet, American Airlines and Major League Baseball.
Omar N Azar, head of Marketing Communications at Nawras, said, “Our 7x7 competition really captured the imagination of our fans and brought many new fans to our Facebook page. A rewarding customer experience is a priority for Nawras and our social media channels have quickly become a very popular part of this.”
“Since joining the sites in late February 2012, we now have over 70,000 fans on Facebook and over 6,000 followers on Twitter. Social media allows our dedicated team to provide real time interaction with our customers on the social media platforms that they enjoy using every day.”
He added, “We gained a lot of new fans as a result of this competition; it is great to see so many people take an interest and continue using the page. To be recognised for our idea by a popular and prestigious industry analyst is a great honour.
“Our category witnessed an overwhelming number of entries from leading global organisations and we are very excited to reach the final eight especially as Nawras is the only Middle Eastern telecom company to be shortlisted.”
Nawras launched the 7x7 competition over the summer to give away Samsung Galaxy Tab devices to customers over a seven week period. Nawras Facebook fans were asked to correctly answer seven questions to be entered into the prize draw.
The answers were available by researching the Nawras website and by the end of the first week, the reach was over 400,000 Omani Facebook users. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released