Batelco offers OSN online TV
Manama, November 18, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s largest telecom provider, has partnered with OSN, the leading pay-TV network in Mena, enabling its Blackbox customers to register and access OSN Play, the region’s first online TV platform.
Batelco Blackbox customers subscribed to OSN can experience OSN’s latest premium movies, series and live sport over the Internet on a variety of devices, anywhere, anytime at no extra charge.
Emad Morcos, vice president of Business Development, Strategy and Digital at OSN said: “OSN Play now being available to viewers in Bahrain showcases our commitment to offering latest technology innovations and services to cable partners who can in turn pass the benefit to viewers. We thank Batelco for their fantastic support in making this possible.”
“OSN will continue to expand its offering providing subscribers with a premium service that matches their lifestyle and puts them in charge of their entertainment,” he added.
Batelco Group general manager Corporate Affairs & Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that after months of development and cooperation with OSN, Batelco can now successfully provide OSN Play to their existing and new Blackbox customers.
“This service will add further value to Batelco's Blackbox services as our customers can enjoy OSN channels on their PCs and tablets,” he added.
OSN Play offers hundreds of hours of premium content available for online viewing with both an English and Arabic interface. OSN’s exclusive deals with major studios including Warner Brothers, Fox and Disney offers viewers a line-up of the biggest and best movies and series from Hollywood plus live sport and kids programming.
OSN viewers now have more control over when and how they watch their preferred shows either on TV, the computer or laptop or the extremely popular iPad. OSN Play is free for Batelco’s Blackbox subscribers, a statement said.
Batelco Blackbox services are currently available for customers in Riffa Views and Reef Islands in Bahrain. Batelco aspires to extend this service to more customers as part of its ongoing rollout of its Fiber Network, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing