Ferrari Abu Dhabi launches brand new show
Abu Dhabi, November 17, 2012
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has announced the official launch of its brand new show that brings the artistry of live theatre together with amazing acrobatics and multimedia magic
Visitors to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi park can look forward to a new captivating experience with the Park’s brand new show “RED: A Theatrical Spectacular of Speed and Passion,” said a senior park official.
“Red is a new star attraction at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi that offers a thrilling entertainment experience with amazing acrobatics and multimedia magic,” remarked Andy Keeling, the park manager of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
“More than 4,000 hours of rehearsals and lots of passion went into the making of RED, with the talented cast comprising world champions in women’s trio acro sport and all around artistic gymnastics, as well as European champions in ramp skating, German wheels and the junior and senior mixed bar categories. The audience can expect a truly spectacular show that’s unlike any other,” he added.
RED was officially opened on November 14 with a glamorous cocktail reception attended by Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s partners and supporters.
The new production has been designed and developed exclusively for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi by veterans of international showbiz and replaces the popular La Gara show that has entertained hundreds of thousands of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi visitors since the Park first opened in November 2010, said Keeling.
The 25-minute spectacle pays tribute to the passion of Enzo Ferrari and his love for speed, racing, style and everything Italian. RED joins more than 20 Ferrari-inspired rides and attractions at the world’s largest indoor theme park.
An international cast of performers keep the audience spell bound for the duration of the show with a series of shadow play, pas de deux performances, scarf dances, choreographed trampoline displays, juggling acts, German wheel sets, stunt skating, an elegant adaptation of a racing pit stop and other racing antics – all woven together in a fun, romantic storyline centred around four Italian boys and their efforts to win the affections of the beautiful Bella, he stated.
Highlights include a stirring soundtrack of popular 1960s Italian songs, state-of-the-art special effects based on video mapping, illusions and projections as well as highly stylised scenic pieces and art direction that mix fiction with reality, inspired by the distinctive style of famous Italian director Federico Fellini, he added.
Keeling said the show has been designed to be an engaging and interactive experience for all ages.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi offers high-adrenaline and multisensory rides, kid-friendly attractions and exciting experiences that let visitors look beyond the iconic brand to its passionate soul, rich technological heritage and amazing racing triumphs, he observed.
The region’s premier family entertainment centre, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi brings together 20 rides and attractions incorporating Ferrari design and technology, the largest Ferrari store in the world, and several authentic Italian cafés and restaurants all in one spectacularly designed air-conditioned space, making it an all-day destination for the entire family, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released