Dubai Culture opens submissions for art fair
Dubai, November 15, 2012
The Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), the Emirate’s Authority for culture, arts, and heritage, has invited submissions for the 2013 edition of its contemporary art fair.
The third edition of Sikka will be held from March 14 to 24, 2013, at the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, the cultural nerve-centre of the city, coinciding with Art Week, Dubai’s premier umbrella arts initiative comprising Art Dubai and Design Days Dubai.
The fair will feature an entirely-commissioned visual arts programme of new work from emerging Emirati and UAE-based artists. Sikka will also expand the number of commissions to encompass film, music, performing arts and other creative initiatives.
Salem Belyouha, Projects & Events director, Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, said: “In three years, Sikka has become one of the city’s foremost platforms for emerging artists, providing our talent with the opportunity to highlight their creative potential. In the next edition, we look forward to see our city’s aspiring artists push the frontiers to develop bolder works.”
“Dubai Culture is committed to promoting original content creation across all disciplines of art – from visual and performing arts, including music, and film. We are confident that the fair’s venue, the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood will continue to inspire the artists to create work in a unique cultural setting,” he added.
Sikka 2013 is open to all emerging and aspiring visual and performing artists and filmmakers in the UAE.
Artists can submit proposals for visual arts, film and performing arts projects to be commissioned by Sikka art fair up to December 23.
The proposals will be shortlisted by an external jury that will be chaired by the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps