British Council hosts ‘Noise of Art’ in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 8, 2012
The British Council is bringing one of Britain’s most innovative art and music collectives to the UAE for the first time when the Noise of Art performs at the Abu Dhabi Art Plaza on November 9.
Noise of Art is a pioneering collective that celebrates a mix of musical and visual art forms brought together by the digital age. They have already performed at major venues across the UK and Europe and are now arriving in the GCC for the very first time.
Carine Rizk, project manager – Arts & Creativity at the British Council in the UAE, explained why they had brought this latest artistic group to the country.
“As an organisation, we work with the best of British creative talent, develop projects dealing with new and innovative forms of artistic expression and cultivate relationships with artists and cultural institutions around the world,” Rizk said.
“We are very excited to bring Noise of Art to the UAE as part of Abu Dhabi Art and we are looking forward to their performance which promises to be an incredible blend of art, music and digital presentation.”
Following their 8.30pm performance, Noise of Art will perform a 30 minute DJ slot later in the evening.
On Saturday, galleried artist Michael Denton, who is a member of the Noise of Art collective, will give a talk in Dubai at The Fridge, Al Serkal Avenue from 5.30pm to 7.30pm entitled “Visual Serialism – Why I am Not a Video Artist.” The talk will be accompanied by a group of musicians and visual artists.
Talking ahead of their forthcoming visit to the UAE, Noise of Art founder Ben Osborne added: “We are thrilled to be coming to the region for the first time and would like to thank the British Council for their help in getting us to the UAE and presenting this performance.
“We are confident there is a growing market for the type of music and performance we offer. Our first event was at the Tate Gallery in London and attracted thousands of people and there is clearly now a growing trend in cross discipline art that brings music, film and art together. The chance to perform in Abu Dhabi is a very exciting one and we hope that everyone who comes to our event will leave with a smile on their face.”
Tairone Bastien, public programmes manager Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, organisers of Abu Dhabi Art said: “This is another great initiative from the British Council and we are delighted to have the chance to host Noise of Art for what we anticipate will be a memorable evening.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show