Abu Dhabi website hits surge 107pc
Abu Dhabi, November 6, 2012
Visitors to Abu Dhabi’s destination website – visitabudhabi.ae – surged 107 per cent over last weekend’s three-day Grand Prix.
Around 32,331 people from 155 countries visited the site to search for information on the emirate’s range of attractions and hospitality options.
“The number of visitors more than doubled compared to the previous weekend with hotels, airlines and restaurants being the most popular searches,” said Khaled Al Hashemi, chairman of Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority’s (TCA Abu Dhabi) Digital Committee.
“In all we registered 89,315 page views over the weekend – our highest to date.”
Some 2,274 people searched the site for hotel accommodation, 200 people were looking for flights options to the destination and 1,416 were looking for restaurant information.
Visitors from 27 countries throughout Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Scandinavia, the Far East and Australia also signed up for the site’s monthly electronic newsletter to stay in touch with all the destination’s happenings. The most prominent age range of the newsletter subscribers was in the 31-40 age group with over two-thirds being male.
Visitabudhabi.ae is designed as a one-stop source for destination information about Abu Dhabi and is available in eight languages – English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain