Twitter picks Connect Ads as Mena representative
Dubai, November 6, 2012
Leading social networking site, Twitter, has selected Connect Ads as its sales representative for the Middle East and North Africa region.
The partnership between Twitter and Connect Ads, which has a long legacy in launching global digital ad products in the region, will help expand the availability of Twitter’s promoted products suite of advertising products to marketers in the Mena region later this year.
Under the partnership, Connect Ads will manage all Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait sales. It will also help develop the Mena market for Twitter and its promoted products through a series of education and training programmes for agencies and large advertisers, a statement from Twitter said.
A dedicated Connect Ads sales team specialising solely in Twitter’s advertising products is expected to begin operations later this year.
The promoted products suite includes products that marketers can use to extend their reach and amplify their message on Twitter, which include promoted tweets, promoted accounts, and promoted trends, which are currently available to marketers in the US, UK, Japan and Latin America.
“Mena is one of Twitter’s fastest-growing regions, and we are seeing significant interest from marketers there who want to use our promoted products to build their businesses and connect with consumers,” said Shailesh Rao, Twitter’s vice president of international revenue.
“Working with Connect Ads gives Twitter a strong partner with a footprint throughout the region and proven digital capabilities enabling us to scale and educate the markets as we introduce Twitter's promoted products. This is the next step in expanding Twitter’s international presence, building on top of our recent launch in Latin America earlier this year,” he said.
“Together, we will offer advertisers new and relevant opportunities to engage the Mena region audiences and drive value for brands and consumers,” said Mohamed El Mehairy, managing director of Connect Ads. “The growth of social media in the Mena region is among the highest in the world, and Twitter is one of the most recognised and utilised platforms in our region.”
“We are excited to be Twitter’s sales representatives and to consolidate our partnership through bringing our experience in introducing digital companies in the Mena market to our new partner.”
Hanan Abdel Meguid, OTVentures CEO, said: "The choice of Connect Ads to be Twitter’s launchpad in Mena is a continuation of OTVentures' success in limiting the divide between the market needs and the available digital solutions, and the partnership is an affirmation of OTVentures role as leader and pioneer in the digital media solutions, amidst a steadily developing Mena market.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders