Al Murr and Princess Ameera
Top speakers for women leadership forum
Dubai, November 1, 2012
Dubai Women Establishment has announced the two keynote speakers at its Third Arab Women Leadership Forum, due to take place on November 19 and 20 at the Grand Hyatt Dubai.
Key note speakers at the forum will be Mohammad Ahmad Al Murr, Federal National Council Speaker, and Princess Ameera Amira al-Taweel, vice chairwoman and secretary general of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation, and wife of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud.
“Hosting this caliber of speakers highlights the gravity of the topic under discussion and will help build much needed awareness on the importance of board diversity and gender equality,” said Mona Al Marri, chairperson of DWE’s Board.
“Highlighting the pro-women stance of well-respected opinion leaders will help drive a culture that is more supportive and inclusive of women in positions of responsibility, which is one of the key goals of the Arab Women Leadership Forum.”
Al Marri continued: “Al Murr’s presence underlines the strong focus the UAE’s leadership places on providing the necessary cultural framework and support networks to empower women to occupy positions of responsibility and political importance, and highlights the role of the Federal National Council as a body that supports legislative action that is pro women.”
“The second keynote speaker Ameera al-Taweel is an exemplary women leader and her efforts to support the role of women – both in the Arab region and globally – as well as her personal contribution within the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation and other important organizations has been widely lauded and recognized as a role model to aspire to. We expect their presence to help garner greater visibility and support for the goals of the Arab Women Leadership Forum. ”
The two-day forum will focus on issues and opportunities surrounding the role of women in the boardroom under the theme “Board Leadership & the Case for Diversity.”
The annual forum is a key event within DWE’s agenda of activities and initiatives aimed at promoting the professional development and career advancement of women in the UAE.
The list of speakers at the forum will include successful women leaders from the UAE and across the Middle East, experts on economics and corporate governance, and researchers in the topic of diversity and gender equality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE