Bahrain ‘among friendliest countries’
Manama, October 31, 2012
Bahrain is among the friendliest countries in the world for foreigners, influential business publication Forbes was quoted as saying.
The Forbes 15 World's Friendliest Countries list ranked Bahrain as the 13th, based on the ease with which expats can befriend locals, learn the local language, integrate into the community and fit into the culture. The UAE and India were the least friendly, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
It used data collected in an HSBC Expat Explorer survey of 3,385 expatriates across 100 countries between May and July last year.
The Cayman Islands was the friendliest, followed by Australia in second and the UK in third.
"Despite some expats either leaving or thinking about leaving (mainly due to political instability), half feel that they integrate into the community and 87 per cent say they feel welcome at work," said a Forbes online commentary about Bahrain.
Either side of Bahrain was Germany in 12th place and China in 14th place, with Singapore in 15th.
"The least friendly country for expats, according to the Forbes formula, was the UAE," said the magazine.
"And among the countries most challenging for expats overall were Russia and India, according to this year's HSBC survey results. India ranked in last place for the second year in a row." – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE