YahLive inks Saudi HD channel pact
Abu Dhabi, October 17, 2012
YahLive, the UAE-based satellite broadcast platform, has signed an agreement with Saudi Ministry of Culture and Information to broadcast six Saudi TV channels in High Definition (HD) exclusively on YahLive’s satellite platform.
With this deal, TV viewers across the GCC, Levant and South West Asia regions can now enjoy Saudi 1, Quran Kareem, El Sunnah, El Ekhbariya, El thaqafiya, and sport 1 in HD, said a statement from YahLive.
This agreement makes YahLive the first and only satellite broadcast platform to offer Saudi TV channels in HD, said YahLive CEO Mohamed Youssif after signing the agreement with Saudi Minister of Culture and Information Dr Abdulaziz Muhiddin Khoja in Jeddah recently.
"The Saudi partnership iss yet another step forward that demonstrated our commitment to bringing a new era to TV viewing by integrating the highest HD quality services with an exclusive bouquet of the most popular TV channels and delivering it to our viewers on the YahLive platform," he noted.
Commenting on the deal, Dr Khoja said, "Saudi TV channels are the most popular channels in the Kingdom and have a long history of delivering programming content and services that are designed to meet the needs and expectations of viewers."
"This partnership enables all viewers across the YahLive footprint to view select Saudi channels in HD, whilst introducing these channels for the first time as a group of channels in Southwest Asian regions," he added.
YahLive is a partnership company with Yahsat, the UAE-based satellite communications company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mubadala Development Company, and the global satellite operator SES.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps