Debut Eid fest kicks off at Khor Fakkan
Khor Fakkan (UAE), October 16, 2012
Khor Fakkan, located along the east coast of the UAE, is marking Eid Al Adha in style this year with the launch of a major festival featuring over 80 exhibitors from across the region and several parts of the world.
The Eid Al Adha Festival aims to bring Eid shopping closer to the residents of the east coast, while embodying the rich values of Eid Al Adha and Emirati traditions, said the event organiser.
The 16-day fair, organized by Aram Exhibition and held at Expo Khor Fakkan, was officially opened by Mohammed Sultan Bin Houwaden, first vice chairman, Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, on Sunday and will continue until October 25.
"With the festival launch, Eid Al Adha shopping has been literally brought to the doorsteps of the east coast residents. Instead of travelling to bigger cities and hopping from one shop to another, they can now find all their requirements under a single roof, that too from a diverse range of retailers and manufacturers," remarked Houwaden.
Expo Khor Fakkan works under the aegis of the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry and organises trade fairs in association with Expo Centre Sharjah.
The show is open for visitors from 4.30pm to 11.30pm during weekdays, and from 4.30pm to 12.30am during weekends.
The show is expected to cater to residents from Fujairah, Dibba, Masafi, Dhaid and Oman and leverage on the status of Khor Fakkan as a popular tourist destination and emerging commercial hub.
About a million tourists from Saudi Arabia alone are set to descend on the UAE to celebrate Eid Al Adha, while tens of thousands of citizens from other GCC states and tourists from the world over are expected to visit the country during this time, said Houwaden.
Sharjah, which is known across the region as a family-friendly destination, has a unique appeal for Arabs, said a senior official.
"And for those who want to celebrate Eid away from the din and bustle of big cities, there is no better place than Khor Fakkan. The Eid Al Adha Festival is well stocked to handle this holiday crowd," remarked Saif Al Midfa, the director general of Expo Centre Sharjah.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released