Euromoney in key Qatar events partnership
Doha, October 8, 2012
Euromoney Conferences, the leading organiser of financial events in both developed and developing markets, has announced a major partnership with Qatari institutions, to bring a series of global financial events into the Gulf state.
The first event in this three-year project will be the Euromoney Qatar Conference, under the theme “Global Finance: Re-Designed” to be held at The Ritz-Carlton in Doha from December 11 to 12. It will be supported by an extensive online presence.
At the first event, experts from around the world will discuss the global financial crisis and the new global economic pressures and opportunities facing dynamic high-growth nations like Qatar, said the events arm of Euromoney Institutional Investor.
Euromoney will bring its editorial expertise, financial focus and global network to Doha to work with Qatari government and private institutions to influence the debate on the evolution of global finance.
The Euromoney Qatar Conference is co-hosted by Qatar Central Bank, with senior lead sponsor Qatar National Bank; lead sponsors Commercial Bank of Qatar and International Bank of Qatar; co-sponsor Qatar Islamic Bank; and associate sponsor Qatar First Investment Bank.
The Qatar Central Bank, under the patronage of Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, has been the driving force behind this initiative and has mobilised much of Qatar’s financial community to contribute and take part alongside their international counterparts, said a top official.
Euromoney’s regional director Richard Banks said the company was very much excited about its first large-scale project with Qatar.
"We know that with the close support of the government and the Central Bank we can add a great deal not only to the debate on the future of global finance but also to the development of Qatar both as a financial market and as a global investor," Banks added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released