OSN to showcase DVR at Gitex
Dubai, September 25, 2012
Leading pay-TV network in the Mena region, OSN, will showcase the region’s first internet enabled digital video recorder (DVR) with full HD and 3D capabilities, OSN Plus HD, at this year’s Gitex Shopper.
The launch makes OSN the first in the world to introduce a DVR based on Broadcom’s next generation chipset technology, a statement from the company said.
Mark Billinge, vice president of broadcast operations and technology at OSN, said: “The launch of OSN Plus HD reaffirms OSN as a leader in technology innovation in the broadcast sector and I am proud that we are the first in the world to offer viewers this state-of-the-art DVR. It gives consumers instant access to a library of constantly updated online content from blockbuster movies to exclusive premium Arabic content in less than a minute.”
“The new set top box was launched last week, so this is one of the first opportunities for consumers to come, see and be part of the ultimate viewing experience, changing the way viewers watch their favourite shows and movies,” he added.
OSN Plus HD will open up a whole new world of entertainment where viewers can watch what they want, when they want, with instant and secure online access to 1,000 hours of movies, 100 hours of catch up TV and over 100 hours of TV series and up to 200 hours of OSN Ya Hala! HD, OSN’s flagship premium Arabic content channel - all at the touch of a button.
OSN Plus HD also features a CAM slot and 1 terabyte of storage that can save more than 300 hours of HD content.
OSN will run a promotion at Gitex Shopper, where consumers can purchase the latest box for 50 per cent less. The box is manufactured by Humax, one of the world's leading digital set-top box manufacturers.
Gitex Shopper will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from September 29 to October 6. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps