Plingm launches Arabic app
Stockholm, September 25, 2012
Plingm, a Swedish based mobile VoIP app, has launched its first Arabic version to benefit from the growing use of mobile VOIP in the Middle East.
Since January this year, the number of Plingm app-users has increased by 5,000 percent, a number which mirrors the increased use of mobile VoIP in the Middle East and Northern Africa, which is also comparable with the growth of Twitter users in the region, a statement said.
To meet this demand, Plingm has localised the app, which is available both on Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, it said.
"We are witnessing an influx of new mobile VoIP users in Middle East and Northern Africa. With Plingm in Arabic, we believe that many more will discover the benefits of free communication," says Pandelis Eliopoulos, Plingm co-founder.
In Egypt's App Store, six of the top ten free social networking apps are VoIP apps. In Jordan the figure is five out of ten, and in both Saudi Arabia and Tunisia four VoIP apps are amongst top ten in the social networking category. In US, Finland and Sweden only two of the top ten free social networking apps are VoIP apps, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat