Bahrain expo officials set for Rome mission
Manama, September 11, 2012
Bahrain International Expo officials will set off next week on a trade mission to Rome, the first stage in a series of events being held by the organisation to promote the kingdom abroad.
The event, which runs from September 17 to 19 in the Italian capital, has attracted 30 participants who will be looking to develop business and attract investment to Bahrain.
The venture is being supported by the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), Bahrain Development Bank and Tamkeen.
"At present our exports to Italy amount to BD59 million ($154.6 million) while our imports are BD117 million," said BCCI promotions, exhibitions and conference committee chairman Kadhem Isa Alseed at a Press conference yesterday.
"We would like to enhance this business and this exhibition in Rome will play a key role in doing so," he stated.
"We have invited a number of key VIPs to take part and both the Italian Arab Chamber of Commerce and the Arab Euro Chamber of Commerce will be taking part," he added.
"This is the first venture in a series of trade missions we are looking at between Bahrain and other countries."
"We are looking at several other countries to visit as part of this programme," observed Bahrain International Expo managing partner Suhair Ali Bokhammas.
"We are working with our strategic partners and we are not just looking at Europe. We also want to look at the Far East and have had discussions with Malaysia, China and Singapore," she said.
"We are also looking at potential events in Geneva, Vienna, Paris and London over the next year. Our mission is to show what the Bahrain economy can offer," Bokhammas added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps