Bahrain fest to host The Sound of Music
Manama, July 9, 2012
The ongoing Bahrain Summer Festival is set to host The Sound of Music, a direct theatrical reproduction of the famous musical film that won five Academy Awards.
The Sound of Music, featuring lavish costumes and intricate set design, brings with it some of the best actors and musicians from London’s West End.
The musical drama directed by John Payton and produced by both John Payton and Lucy Magee for Popular Productions will take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Center (BIECC) from July 10 to 15.
On the sidelines of hosting the internationally renowned show in Bahrain for the very first time, the cast of The Sound of Music will be available at the Bahrain City Centre to meet the general public, take photos and sign autographs on July 11.
The dramatic production tells the deeply touching real story of Maria, a young governess, and the von Trapp family as they fought Nazi encroachment of their beloved country, Austria, in the lead up to World War II.
The musical drama has been a tremendous success everywhere that it has been performed due to a spectacular cast and the leadership of its renowned director.
Meanwhile, Nakhool City at the BIECC continues to host free cultural and fun-filled international activities designed to entertain visitors, children and adults alike.
These include a puppet camp demonstrating how a puppet show can be created. Originating in Egypt and Africa, the Nakhool City puppet show interacts with children of all ages and allows them to participate in a fantastic experience of their own creation.
Children are given the opportunity to prepare their own scenarios and build their own puppet shows. They will learn the secrets of the puppet theatre and the art of reviving it.
The four-day puppet show, which started today (July 9), will end on July 15.
The puppet-making workshops will be held on a daily basis, while an auxiliary workshop will be held on July 13 in which participants can learn how to explore and build puppets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released