Dubai Sports World features new line-up
Dubai, June 20, 2012
Dubai Sports World, a leading indoor sports event in the region, has returned for its second year with more sports and leisure activities than its debut last summer, including a new running track and a skate park.
Encompassing over 32,000 sq m of indoor space, Dubai Sports World is being held at Dubai World Trade Center until August 31.
Organised by Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) in association with Dubai Sports Council and Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment, the event host a variety of sports and leisure activities for sports enthusiasts including football leagues, rugby tournaments, basketball and cricket matches, futsal, volleyball, American football, beach soccer, tennis, fitness areas, as well as a variety of leisure offerings like billiards and table tennis.
DWTC has once again partnered with leading sports academies and clubs such as IFA Sports, the largest grass-roots football business in the UAE, Tennis360, providing best-in-class tennis academy solutions in the UAE, MPAC Sports, the Chicago based basketball academy, Maxtalent Global Cricket Training Institute, the largest cricket training academy in UAE and Original Fitness, which helps athletes train through boot camp, personal training, combat fitness and more.
“The second edition of Dubai Sports World has grown, both in size and calibre since its debut last year, with a number of new sports academies that have come on board,” said Helal Saeed Almarri, CEO of Dubai World Trade Centre.
“Through the support of our strategic partners, we have created a unique environment that promotes health and wellbeing, as well as a platform for families to come together. With Modesh World taking place at DWTC alongside other community events, DWTC has set its position as the place to be for residents and visitors this summer.”
The second edition of Dubai Sports World has this year introduced a 660-metre indoor running track around the perimeter of the venue, for running enthusiasts, and a Skate park for visitors looking for some adventure.
Dubai Sports World is also hosting a Summer Sports Majlis where visitors can catch the UEFA Euro Championship action live until July 1, following which other global sporting events will be broadcast on the full-size screens.
Dubai Sports World has also introduced Ladies Day every Saturday from 8am – 3pm, allowing women of all ages and interests to enjoy the facilities. After 5pm, the venue is open to all.
From July 8-12, leading professional European, regional and local Masters teams will compete in a football championship, where up to 2,500 spectators can cheer on their favourite players on the 800 sq m Fifa approved indoor AstroTurf pitch.
There will also be a Ramadan Majlis from July 20 – August 20, offering a choice of à la carte cuisine and sample delicacies from live cooking stations, all served in true Ramadan style by DWTC’s award winning catering team.
The venue has been completely transformed to feature pro-standard full-size playing fields for football and rugby, plus six multi-purpose courts for other sports and leisure activities, ensuring all guests can enjoy their favourite sports under one roof. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE