Top groups back Dubai Sports World 2012
Dubai, May 24, 2012
Leading professional sports academies and clubs have partnered with Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) for the second edition of Dubai Sports World 2012, which will be held from June 8 to August 31.
Prominent sporting establishments and renowned athletic trainers including IFA Sport, Tennis 360, MPAC Sports, Maxtalent Global Cricket Training Institute, Original Fitness and many more will provide an outstanding experience for visitors this summer, through training, mentoring, competitions and fitness programmes.
Dubai Sports World will host a variety of sports and leisure activities in the interconnected Sheikh Saeed Halls 1, 2 and 3, Sheikh Rashid Hall and the Trade Centre Arena. Everyone from first-time players to experienced athletes and spectators can partake in football leagues, rugby tournaments, basketball and cricket matches, American football, futsal, volleyball, beach football, fitness areas and much more.
Participants will be mentored and coached by international and local sports personalities who will identify and nurture talent, acting as scouts for sporting stars of the future.
Ahmed Alkhaja, vice president - Venues, Dubai World Trade Centre said, “Dubai Sports World encourages families and communities to come together through sports and fitness, and it appeals to residents and visitors alike.”
“DWTC is pleased to collaborate with leading sports academies and clubs for the second edition of the event. It is challenging to maintain an exercise regime during the hot summer months, which is why Dubai Sports World is an ideal opportunity to access a range of exciting sports all through our centrally-located venue.”
IFA Sport is organizing a Skill Skool programme for children aged 5 to 15 years. These professional football coaching sessions will incorporate fun practices to improve technique and skills, rewarding the highest point scorer at the end of each week.
Jim Reily, Director, IFA Sport said, “We at IFA Sport are excited to be involved with Dubai Sports World for the second consecutive year. IFA continues to support this event because it is aligned with our mission to get people of all ages and nationalities to participate in sports to encourage a healthy lifestyle. Working together with Dubai Sports World to get this message out to all is the foundation of our community based coaching philosophy.
“Dubai Sports World creates an environment where everyone can learn, have fun and compete across a wide range of sporting activities. As the largest Football Academy in the UAE, we have no doubt that the event will be an even greater success than last year, especially with the participation of Modesh World at the venue. We look forward to teaching children of all ages the basics of football through our Skills Skool programme with the emphasis on having fun.”
MPAC Sports will be offering a comprehensive basketball training, games and skills programme at Dubai Sports World. MPAC Youth Leagues (MYBL) will host regular matches that teach qualities like teamwork, responsibility, sportsmanship, and maintaining a positive attitude. Players have the option of assembling their own team or registering as a free agent.
Luqman Rashad, CEO, MPAC Sports said, "We look forward to working with DWTC as they provide reputable concepts for improving indoor youth sports for various cultures and are known for their highly successful organized events.”
“As the level of personal health and public awareness continues to rise, we plan to demonstrate basketball, not only to instill the fundamentals, but to burn calories, build muscle endurance, and improve one’s coordination and self-discipline. It is a privilege being able to execute the larger vision of Dubai Sports World by bringing first-class American basketball to the UAE." – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released