Dubai Concourse 3 awards advertising deal
Dubai, May 24, 2012
Dubai Airports and JCDecaux SA announced today that JCDecaux Dicon has been awarded the exclusive advertising contract for Concourse 3 in Dubai International, extending its partnership with Dubai Airports to 2020.
Scheduled for completion at the end of 2012 and due to open in the first quarter of 2013, Concourse 3 will comprise 11 floors and an annual capacity of 19 million passengers, boosting the airport’s total capacity to 75 million passengers each year.
Designed for the exclusive use of Emirates airline, it will become the world’s first Airbus purpose-built A380 concourse. Taking up a total built-up area of 528,000 sq m, Concourse 3 will feature 33 aircraft access points (20 of which will be jetbridge contact gates), two luxury hotels and 11,000 sq m of retail space.
Eugene Barry, SVP Commercial of Dubai Airports, said: “By 2020, our passenger numbers will reach 98.5 million, and Concourse 3 is a fundamental part of our expansion plan to accommodate this tremendous traffic growth.”
“Along with boosting our capacity, it will also elevate our airport’s service levels. The advertising environment in Concourse 3 is key part of this major project to ensure a stimulating airport environment.”
“It also plays a vital role in boosting non-aeronautical revenues to fund further airport development. JCDecaux Dicon has fully demonstrated its capability at Dubai International to deliver powerful advertising solutions for the world’s leading brands, and we are pleased to extend our commercial partnership to the new concourse,” Barry added.
Jean-Charles Decaux, chairman of the Executive Board and co-chief executive officer of JCDecaux, said: “We are delighted to be selected again by Dubai Airports one and a half years after we were awarded the advertising contract for Dubai World Central. This new contract underlines the success of our existing partnership.”
“In the past few years, we have been dedicated in extending the client base in Dubai International and bringing better advertising values for Dubai Airports. We have also been proactively introducing various digital media to meet our clients’ needs, and at the same time enhancing the airport environment and passenger experience.
“We will continue to offer high quality and innovative media solutions and services to the advertising market, hence benefiting the airport and its passengers. As a world-class facility, Concourse 3 in Dubai International will be a unique showcase for our portfolio of high profile advertising clients,” Decaux said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps