Thai PM lauds Islamic culture
Manama, May 15, 2012
Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday visited Ahmed Al Fateh Islamic Centre in Bahrain where she was received by Minister of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Shaikh Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa.
She was accompanied by Head of the Mission of Honour and Deputy Premier Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
The visiting leader was briefed about the centre's main facilities, architectural design and cultural activities to promote awareness of Islam and its noble values.
She lauded the edifice's major role in projecting the Islamic religion and culture, wishing its staff every success in broadening the sphere of the centre's activities and maximizing its social role.
The Thai Premier also visited Isa Cultural Centre and was briefed about its facilities and the wide range of scientific resources it has to cater for students and researchers' needs.
She praised the centre's varied and advanced services to protect national cultural and intellectual heritage.
Thai Prime Minister later visited Bahrain National Museum in the company of Shaikh Ali and Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa and toured its halls where she was briefed about the historical artifacts which keep record of the kingdom's history since the old ages.
She praised the historical and archaeological items displayed at the museum which stand witness of Bahrain's glorious history.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema