Saudi author's new book launched
Manama, April 13, 2012
Saudi author Muna Al Yousif launched her latest book yesterday at Abcad next to Al Bareh Art Gallery in Adliya.
Al Yousif conducted a presentation for her book in the presence of gallery owner and managing director Haifa Al Jishi, followed by a book signing session.
The book is now available at Al Bareh Art Gallery and on www.amazon.com.
In The Shadow of Her Voice is an insight into how women have become increasingly marginalised in recent years in Saudi Arabia as taboos and political boundaries are crossed.
Al Yousif traces her journey to defiantly claim her own authentic voice in a world dominated by extreme views and the strict tribal code of female subservience.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema