Batelco to sponsor horse races
Manama, April 2, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, will sponsor the 2012 Batelco Challenge, a major day’s horse racing featuring six races, to be held on April 13 at the Rashid Equestrian & Horse Racing Club in Sakhir.
The initiative is in line with its commitment to sporting events, a statement from Batelco said.
The featured races include Batelco Broadband Cup, Batelco Supersmart Cup, Batelco Bahrain Cup, Batelco Group Cup, Batelco SimSim Cup and Batelco Al Dana Cup.
The company has allocated cash prizes of up to BD3,000 ($7,978.74) for the winners of each race.
Batelco Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla as well as a number of the company’s general managers will be present at the event. They will also help to award prizes to the winning owners, trainers and jockeys.
To help celebrate the special Challenge day, Batelco is giving racegoers the chance to win brand new mobile phones in a free draw at the racetrack.
Every person entering the event will be given a raffle ticket and three people will win a mobile phone in a draw which will be held in the afternoon, the statement said.
“We are delighted to sponsor the Batelco Challenge and give racegoers this opportunity to enjoy an entertaining day at the races,” said Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group.
“A love of horses and a passion for racing are inextricably linked with the Kingdom of Bahrain and these six races, together with the great prize fund, will fuel interest amongst jockeys, owners and spectators, alike,” he said.
Admission to the event is free and the race starts at 2pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat