Adidas, Fitness First in 5-year tie-up
Kuwait, March 22, 2012
Adidas and Fitness First Middle East, a franchise of the leading health and fitness club chain, have announced a five-year partnership, making adidas the official outfitter for the fitness chain until 2016.
The comprehensive agreement between the global leading sports brand adidas and Fitness First Middle East, a member of the Landmark Group, commences with immediate effect and extends to over 28 clubs in the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
As the official outfitter to Fitness First Middle East, adidas will supply innovative performance sportswear to personal trainers, GX Instructors and club staff.
“We are proud to announce a continuation of our partnership with Fitness First Middle East, an organisation that shares our commitment to help people across the Middle East push themselves to new limits and achieve their fitness objectives. Fitness First is a leading brand recognised globally for its world-class facilities, services and innovative concepts that make it an ideal partner,” said Jad Chouman, head of Marketing, Emerging Markets, adidas.
Mark Botha, sales and marketing director, Fitness First Middle East said: “We welcome the long-term support of adidas, a global leader in sport products and a company with a proud heritage in helping athletes reach their full potential with performance technologies.”
“This agreement symbolises the mutual respect and future ambition of adidas and Fitness First Middle East. Our collaboration will offer the very best training experience for fitness enthusiasts across the Middle East.”
The announcement coincides with adidas’ launch of training-specific products that have been developed and tested in collaboration with world-class athletes to provide comfort, functionality and style in performance.
This season, both the women’s and men’s training collections focus on boxing-inspired training apparel and footwear. The collections are also supported by the adizero range of lightweight footwear, which includes breathable sprint-web technology that moves as part of the athlete’s body in motion.
Chouman added: “Our association with the largest fitness chain in the region at a time of rapid growth will allow us to further strengthen and extend our market leadership in training. adidas is continuing to set new standards in innovative and ground-breaking performance products.”
“It is, therefore, fitting that the professionals from Fitness First will be able to train while wearing the latest range of performance-enhancing adidas products.”
As part of an expansion plan, Fitness First Middle East aims to increase its network of branches to 34 clubs across the region by July. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps