Annual book fair opens in Bahrain
Manama, March 22, 2012
International and regional publishers and booksellers will be showcased under one roof as the 15th International Book Fair opens today (March 22) in Bahrain.
The annual event is part of the Spring of Culture festival and will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre from 10am.
The free event will continue until April 1 and aims to encourage people of all ages to experience the joy of reading, said organisers. It will be open daily from 9am to 1pm and 4pm to 10pm, and on Fridays from 4.30pm to 10pm.
Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa thanked HRH the Premier for patronising the event, hailing his keen interest in culture.
She welcomed Tunisia's participation as a guest of honour, stressing strong cultural relations.
The exhibition is also part of festivities marking Manama being named Capital of Arab Culture.
More than 300 Arab and foreign publishing houses will exhibit their latest publications.
Ten books authored by Bahrainis will be unveiled. The event also features activities lined up by the UNDP as well as a pavilion dedicated to children. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat