Focus on women’s role in UAE growth
Dubai, January 12, 2012
The Dubai Business Women Council (DBWC) recently held a roundtable discussion with an Australian business and professional women delegation outlining the role of women in the development of UAE.
The meeting was held at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry headquarters.
The Australian mission aimed to strengthen relationships and acquire key knowledge on the UAE to disseminate to their colleagues, clients, and associates in Australia and beyond.
DBWC President Raja Al Gurg delivered a presentation on ‘Women in the UAE’ and led talks on existing constitutional and legal protection for women, political participation, women in the workforce, women and Education, businesswomen and entrepreneurs, and women’s organizations.
“Our present and future partners need to know more about the role women are playing across the UAE’s vibrant business and investment landscape,” said Al Gurg.
“We shared a lot of important insights on the social, political and business climate for women in the UAE and this will help us deepen our ties with our Australian counterparts. We are appreciative of the Federation of UAE Chambers of Commerce and Industry for their support in presenting the Emirates as a land of equal and enormous opportunity.”
The Australian group was led by Almanar Consultancy headed by owner and manager Dr Fiona Hill.
The roundtable follows a series of DBWC initiatives aimed at strengthening ties with the global community of professional and business women. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats