Eurostar eyes $1bn revenue by 2020
Dubai, January 2, 2012
Eurostar, a Dubai-based conglomerate with interests in digital satellite receiving systems and consumer electronics, said it has witnessed impressive growth and aims to achieve $1 billion in annual revenues by 2020.
Eurostar said it has identified growth areas in convergent technologies, IPTV, tendering, FMCG and trading businesses.
Looking to take advantage of these growth sectors, the company has recently broadened its offerings for the Middle East and the UAE, where they have rolled out new products to complement their existing portfolio.
Since, its establishment 30 years ago, today Eurostar has grown to more than 25 retail showrooms in the Middle East region with business operations spread out across 50 countries worldwide.
“The Middle East region and the UAE in particular, have demonstrated a vibrant consumer electronics market, with consumers exhibiting strong preferences for high quality world class electronic products” said Raju Jethwani, chairman of Eurostar Group.
“The UAE remains a strong base for our re-export activities allowing us to focus on Africa and other emerging markets. Saudi Arabia, where we originally started our business continues to remain a strong growth market for several of our businesses,' he remarked.
'These factors have allowed us to remain confident that we will be able to achieve our target revenue of $1 billion by 2020,' he added.
In fact, in the Middle East market alone, Jethwani said Eurostar had seen a strong demand for its digital satellite receiving systems, range of consumer electronics, home appliances and convergent technology products.
Furthermore, the company’s channel strength of over 500 dealers, hypermarkets and corporate channel partners act as a strategic catalyst in leveraging Eurostar’s diverse portfolio of products across their business segments.
Its list of clients includes top Telco’s and other high profile corporates within the region.
'Our strength lies in our abilities to understand changing market trends and consumer demands,' remarked Jethwani.
'Besides this, we also concentrate on providing total customer satisfaction by maintaining a strategic customer care centre, an efficient supply chain management system, state of the art warehousing systems and a key research and development centre,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released