Suspects held in Qatar after UK teacher's body found
Doha, October 17, 2013
Qatar has arrested suspects over the murder of a European woman, the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday, after a British school teacher was found dead in the Gulf state.
British media said a 24-year-old woman identified as Lauren Patterson, a primary teacher at a British school in Qatar, went missing last Saturday, when she was seen with two men at a nightclub in the capital Doha.
"The police has arrested the suspects of a European woman's murder," the Interior Ministry said in a statement in English on its website.
"The case has been referred to Public Prosecution to complete further judicial procedures applicable in this regard," it added without giving any further details.
Hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals, including many Westerners, live and work in gas-rich Qatar, one of the wealthiest countries in the world.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day