Smart govt to host 32 entities at Gitex
Dubai, October 7, 2013
Dubai Smart Government Department (DSG) will host 32 government entities at its 2,700 sq m stand at Gitex Technology Week 2013 from October 20 to 24.
The stand will be at the Sheikh Saeed Hall in Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DICEC).
At its unified Smart Government stand, DSG will showcase the latest government apps and eServices on smart devices in implementation of the initiative of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to transform from eGovernment to Smart Government.
DSG began its Gitex preparations early in the year by meeting its stakeholders in government entities and customising the stand according to their needs. The Gitex stand is fully equipped with the latest technology including a high-speed network, display screens and well-stocked halls for press conferences and lectures. Throughout the five-day event, DSG’s stand will feature over 35 presentations and lectures including the latest smartphone applications, Government resources planning (GRP) systems, messaging and collaboration services and Government Information Network (electronic infrastructure) in addition to presentations from participating government entities. More than 250 smart devices are up for grabs in various awareness contests, raffles and surveys during Gitex 2013. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose Fulbright moves London head to Dubai
- DSG ‘ready to implement Smart Dubai Strategy’
- Iraqi women protest new draft law
- Bahrain police 'face more danger in line of duty'
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track