Smart govt to host 32 entities at Gitex
Dubai, October 7, 2013
Dubai Smart Government Department (DSG) will host 32 government entities at its 2,700 sq m stand at Gitex Technology Week 2013 from October 20 to 24.
The stand will be at the Sheikh Saeed Hall in Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DICEC).
At its unified Smart Government stand, DSG will showcase the latest government apps and eServices on smart devices in implementation of the initiative of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to transform from eGovernment to Smart Government.
DSG began its Gitex preparations early in the year by meeting its stakeholders in government entities and customising the stand according to their needs. The Gitex stand is fully equipped with the latest technology including a high-speed network, display screens and well-stocked halls for press conferences and lectures. Throughout the five-day event, DSG’s stand will feature over 35 presentations and lectures including the latest smartphone applications, Government resources planning (GRP) systems, messaging and collaboration services and Government Information Network (electronic infrastructure) in addition to presentations from participating government entities. More than 250 smart devices are up for grabs in various awareness contests, raffles and surveys during Gitex 2013. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day