Kuwait emir in key US visit next week
Kuwait, September 7, 2013
The emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, will visit President Barack Obama in Washington on September 13 to talk about Middle Eastern issues, the White House said on Friday.
"The President looks forward to discussing with the Emir a wide range of critical interests and important developments in the Gulf region and broader Middle East," the White House said in a statement.
The visit comes as the United States weighs military strikes in Syria after August 21 chemical attacks on civilians, and reviews whether to cut aid to Egypt after its military overthrew the government and cracked down on protesters.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms