Violations at Bahrain rally
Manama, August 24, 2013
A rally organised in Bahrain by a number of political societies yesterday witnessed many violations jeopardising public and private property, said a top official.
Many participants shouted offensive slogans during the rally, attended by about 3,000 people, and many broke away from the march and headed towards Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Highway forcing security forces to intervene to restore order, the Northern Governorate Police director general was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
He added the organising committee had been notified of the violations and legal procedures were being taken. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’