Asar advises Kufpec on $750m loan
Kuwait, August 11, 2013
Kuwait-based Asar – Al Ruwayeh & Partners, a leading law firm, and one of the region’s acted as law counsel to the lead arrangers and agents in relation to a $750 million syndicated loan to Kuwait Foreign Exploration Company’s (Kufpec).
The five-year syndicated loan will be used for Kufpec’s general corporate purposes and to finance its international expansion plans. The company is active in exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Asar provided legal counsel to an extensive range of leading local as well as international financial institutions.
Rob Little, partner at Asar, said: “We are proud to have participated in one of Kuwait’s landmark financing deals.
“This is a significant transaction on a number of levels, as, amongst others, it represents a new step towards further developing the country’s petroleum sector, while also demonstrating the enhanced appetite by commercial banks to finance the growth plans of companies which have solid fundamentals.”
“For Asar, it is a further great example of our expertise in advising major international as well as local financial institutions on complex deals, and our ability to provide robust legal advice for our wide range of clients,” added John Cunha, also a partner at Asar. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed