His Majesty King Hamad
Bahrain bans public meetings in Manama
Manama, August 7, 2013
Bahrain's His Majesty King Hamad issued a decree amending the law on public meetings, marches and gatherings, demonstrations, marches, assemblies and sit-ins are banned in Manama, said a report.
The amendments, which pave the way for implementation of the National Assembly's recommendations in Bahrain, exclude sit-ins outside international organisations with written authorisation by the Public Security chief who has the right to determine the number of participants as well as time and place.
His Majesty issued another decree amending the juvenile law holding guardians responsible for the social danger facing minors taking part in demonstrations, marches, assemblies, or political sit-ins and whereby they will be notified.
Under the amendment, a minor shall face a jail sentence and a fine in case violation of the law is repeated or placed in the care of an institution, added the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit