Bahrain to regulate websites backing terrorism
Manama, August 4, 2013
Websites affiliated with internationally recognised organisations that fund and promote terrorism will come under regulation in Bahrain, said a senior government official.
The regulation will cover websites run by Al Qaeda and its affiliates such as Al Nusrah Front, as well as Hizbollah, Minister of State for Communications Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa was quoted as saying by the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Meanwhile, the ministry's co-ordination and follow-up office received 48 calls on its anti-abuse hotline and 69 emails. A total of 70 websites, forums and social media links were spotted for violating terms and necessary action would be taken against them.
"With the increasing threat of terrorism, it is critical that Bahrain joins its allies in preventing the spread of extremist ideology through shutting off access to sites developed by terror groups, such as Al Qaeda and Hizbollah," Shaikh Fawaz said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel