‘Ramadaniyat’ section activated on bahrain.bh
Manama, July 9, 2013
The e-Government Authority of Bahrain has activated the ‘Ramadaniyat’ section on its portal, as part of its efforts to provide a wide range of high-quality services during the holy month.
The section provides various e-services for citizens and residents, including prayer times, Ramadan calendar, and general information about Zakat, said a statement.
It also provides mosque locations in the kingdom, in addition to the duaas and Majalis directory, which enables the users to view a list of Ramadan gathering spots, their timings and contact numbers, it said.
The section also includes a daily competition that comprises 15 questions - a question a day, starting from the first to the fifteenth of the holy month. Contestants have the opportunity to win cash prizes on a daily draw, said the statement.
In addition, the authority will also launch a daily competition in collaboration with Bahrain Radio on 93.3FM during the live show (Juha Noon), presented by Huda Darwish and Ali Al Qattan.
The competition will commence on Ramadan 18 (July 27) and continue for 6 days with various questions related to the e-Government programme, and the winner will be announced at the end of each show, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms