Qatar to appoint new foreign minister
Dubai, June 26, 2013
Al Jazeera television website said on Wednesday that Qatar will appoint a new foreign minister to replace veteran diplomat Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani following the accession of a new emir.
The satellite channel said that current Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Khalid bin Muhammad al-Atiyah has been chosen for the position. The satellite channel had earlier said a new prime minister will be appointed instead of Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim. – Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups