EU-GCC talks to focus on co-operation
Manama, June 26, 2013
European parliament members and Gulf ministers are set to meet in Bahrain to approve the preparation of a joint work programme for the period of 2013-2016, to further promote political, trade and economic ties.
The EU-GCC Ministerial Meeting is scheduled to take place on Sunday under the chairmanship of Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa and the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton, said a report in the Gulf Daily News.
The meeting will also aim to promote co-operation in higher education, scientific research, electricity and water energy, environmental, climate change, copyright, telecommunication, information technology, combating money laundering and terrorism financing as well as nuclear safety. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups
- Qatar minister demands key GCC role in Iran talks
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed