Kuwait snap polls on July 25
Kuwait, June 20, 2013
Kuwait will hold a snap parliamentary election on July 25, state news agency KUNA said on Thursday, after the country's top court dissolved the chamber on a technicality earlier this week.
"At an extraordinary meeting held today, the cabinet approved a draft decree inviting voters to elect members of the National Assembly on July 25," Kuna quoted Minister for Cabinet Affairs Sheikh Mohammad al-Mubarak al-Sabah as saying.
The election will be the sixth since 2006 in the major oil producer where political upheaval has stalled infrastructure development and held up economic reforms.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected