Bahrain Shura agrees $554m for needy in budget
Manama, June 13, 2013
Bahrain’s Shura Council has approved the draft budget for 2013-2014, which includes BD210 million ($554 million) to support needy families, a report said.
The payments to families will be backdated to January, costing the government BD105 million this year and next, sources were quoted as saying in the report published by the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
The Shura Council’s financial and economic affairs committee will convene today (June 13) for an extraordinary session to discuss the national budget.
The government has also agreed pay rises for pensioners, which will cost BD157.75 million and payments will be backdated to January, the committee said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi