GCC GDP grows 28pc to hit $1.4trn in 2011
Manama, May 14, 2013
GCC's GDP grew 28 per cent to $1.4 trillion in 2011, said a senior Bahrain government official, adding that the GCC trade exchange with other countries reached $1.2 trillion in the same year.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro was speaking at the 28th joint meeting between the GCC General Secretariat and heads and members of the GCC Chamber of Commerce held in Bahrain, according to a report in the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
The minister also discussed the resolutions of the Gulf Summit held last December as well as various economic and business indicators. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day