Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab
Bahrain to offer urgent help for SMEs
Manama, May 13, 2013
Bahrain will take urgent action to address challenges faced by Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), a senior government official said.
"A ministerial committee has been formed to address all obstacles and select the best solutions possible," Minister of State for Information Affairs and official government spokeswoman Sameera Rajab was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A report submitted to the Cabinet outlines plans to address issues such as financing, services and manpower.
It was submitted by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
"This sector is highly important to the growth and economy of the country and for that the Cabinet wants to take proper decisions to provide necessary help,” said Rajab.
Meanwhile, the Cabinet discussed a new draft law on commercial arbitration presented by Transportation Minister and acting Economic Development Board (EDB) chief executive Kamal Ahmed. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'